We designed our Porcini Risotto as an elegant blend of our Arborio rice, premium porcini mushrooms and traditional seasonings, offering a quick way to make classic risotto.
Porcini Mushrooms are rich, meaty-flavored mushrooms, known for their robust flavor which is concentrated as a result of gentle drying. For our Porcini Mushroom Risotto, we blend a classic mix of flavors including porcini, champignon and shiitake mushrooms with garlic, rosemary and chives. The classic flavor combination balances the creamy character of risotto with the rich umami flavor of premium dried mushrooms. Risotto is an Italian culinary marvel, combining the wholesomeness of rice with quality flavorings and spices.
The secret to excellent risotto lies with Arborio, a high-starch, short-grain rice that absorbs cooking liquids to achieve a creamy overall texture with individual grains remaining pleasingly separate and al dente. Gentle stirring the rice while gradually adding warm stock or broth draws the starch out of the rice grains and creates the creamy consistency and al dente texture fundamental to risotto.
· Heat 1 quart water or chicken stock to simmer and reserve.
· Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
· Add 1 cup Porcini Risotto and stir quickly until rice is well coated and opaque, about 2 minutes.
· Add 1 cup warm liquid to rice. Cook, stirring, until rice has absorbed liquid.
· Add remaining liquid 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until rice absorbs all the liquid after each addition and rice is tender but firm.